I say final because the once great software is now paid only. So this is what happen over the past 6 months:
- All new games or games with protections are broken (most noticed is unable to play EA games).
- It became a paid software, ads removed, servers die and awful mod support.
- New things happen but not important enough to fix bugs.
As it stands now, your games will get broken, the fix for LS 0.3.2 is not 100%. They choose to ignore this bug for 6 months. We told them over and over to fix it but it was not until November when we have gotten any kind of fix.
The bug for new games being broken wasn't the huge problem, the one that everyone got mad it was the removal of ads. Fine, they made it paid software, fine they ignore the bug but mess with the ads and everyone became mad.
Mod control when from being fine to outright dictatorship, I posted a new calculation cost: https://community.liquidsky.tv/t/new-calculation-cost-for-ls-vs-other-vm/155338
If it gets removed or whatever:
I have been meaning to do this so let’s compare the cheapest plan to everyone else cheapest plans. There are no add-ons, the main cost is how much a computer will run for that company.
LS: $9.99 (no promotion or discount) + 7 days until computer deletion = 1500 credits /// 25 hours ///
Paper space: $0.07 hours + $5.00 monthly for a computer = $6.75 /// 25 hours ///
Sixa: $1.12 hours + $12.00 monthly for a computer = $40.00 // 25 hours //
Frame: $0.01 for USA hourly (EU and Asia is different) + $10 a month = $10.25 // 25 hours //
As you can see LS is second, mostly due to the fact that the $4.99 plan and ad watching is gone. Now let us move to monthly where I will count 1 week to the total cost of an entire month (no one can play forever that is why 1 week hours fits so well) with the same math and no add-ons.
1 week = 168 hours
LS: 10,080 credits = 168 hours then it would cost 7 X $9.99 for a grand total of $69.93 or $49.99 on 10,000 credits to lose 3 hours.
Paper Space: 0.07 hours + $5 monthly + 10,080 minutes = $11.76
Sixa: $1.12 hours + $12 monthly + a week of hours = $200.16
Frame: The USA Only $0.01 hours + $10 a month + one-week full hours = $11.68
The end result is that LS is placed 3rd in monthly hour plan. While Frame is second for doing just basic developer work for PC. Paper Space is first for low cost and not having any problems.
This math proves that LS cannot compete with everyone else, it cost too much and still has problems. Paper Space has no problems and can run on Mac and Linux.
This just made the mod mad and hid my post. I got suspended for no reason and they are not allowing users to post any other alternatives.
Over the past months, they were adding new stuff but never fixing anything. If I have to put a list of noticeable bugs it will be too large to fit here. These are the top 10 bugs you’ll see
1) New games and any EA game will break without warning.
2) No Windows store to play games on, this should be free on every computer.
3) Constant lag or internet failing (your internet is fine).
4) The sky computer isn’t fully protected, you may encounter a virus than on your computer.
5) They will without warning delete your computer.
6) Liquidsky is seen as a bot rather than a computer, you could get banned at any time in any game.
7) Android version of liquid sky sucks
8) The community is dying because it is only paid users, rarely do they ever market themselves to other people.
9) New bugs every update.
10) There are still problems with UI.
I highly recommend everyone to not buy anything from Liquidsky, it may sound good but the problems will keep coming up and up. Your progress will always be lost and you are spending more money than anyone else who uses other VM.
Replace this text with some additional info. If there is no extra info, you can hide this text or hide this block by clicking the icon at the above right corner.